Yikes – it’s been quite a while since I’ve done a weekly fitness update! I guess it’s safe to say life got crazy leading up to and after finishing my first 10K. Now that I’ve got my #SummerSlimdown challenge in place, I guess there’s no better time to pick these back up!
Welcome to another Weekly Fitness Update, where I recap the week’s workouts and any other miscellaneous health/fitness-related thoughts. Thanks for helping me keep myself accountable 🙂
Over the last few months, I’ve been trying to keep track of all my workouts in my fitness journal, and overall I’ve been doing a pretty good job. I haven’t done a weekly fitness update since April though, and I won’t bore you with every single workout or lack of a workout for 2 months, but it’s been a nice way for me to keep track of my progress, hold myself accountable, and I can go back and see where I’ve lacked and how that’s shown in my weight loss progress as well.
Since my last weekly fitness update, I started the first round of 21 Day Fix, ran a 10K, and more. My weight has sort of gone up and down by a pound or two but has kind of plateaued (however, I did lose about 4-6 inches while on the 21 Day Fix). I’m still waiting to hit my first milestone of 20 pounds lost, which I’m only about 3 pounds away from. My lowest weight thus far was on May 5th, when I was at 161.8. For me to hit the 20 pound milestone, I need to get down to 159. SO CLOSE! Anyways, I’m getting back into gear and working out more & today I’m getting back into my 21 Day Fix program to really buckle down with my nutrition. I definitely still think my #SummerSlimdown goal is attainable. I don’t know exactly what weight will make me “comfortable” to wear my bikini, but ideally I think losing 10-15 pounds would be great. I only have one month until our vacation though, so I really need to focus!
2 weeks ago, I had a decent start to getting back on track. I only took 3 days off, I kept up with the ab challenge, the #FFSquat challenge, and the Mermaid Yogis challenge that I’m doing, AND I went to my first spinning class in over 2 months!
Here’s my workouts from last week (July 9th – 15th):
- Monday: 2.05 miles in 37 minutes
- Tuesday: 40 squats with a 10lb dumbbell for the #FFSquat challenge
- Wednesday: Upper Fix (21 Day Fix workout)
- Thursday: Caught up on the #MermaidYogis challenge. My form isn’t great, but I’m still learning and becoming more flexible! Also, my cat is ridiculous, but adorable 🙂
- Friday: Honestly, I can’t remember… I think we just finished binge-watching Dexter since we only had 3 episodes left of the entire show. I’m actually glad to be done with that show now. It was addicting and we loved it, but oh my god was it sucking the life out of us, literally – HA! I did get a lovely package from Beachbody’s Summer Sale though: a new foam roller, and Hip Hop Abs! #throwback
- Saturday: Went for a 1.16 mile walk/jog – wanted to go longer but overdressed and got super hot!
I ended up trying out Hip Hop Abs later that night, though.
- Sunday: Yesterday was amazing – I was on fire! The weather was gorgeous and we ended up doing a 3.85 mile walk/jog/hike combination in the local Rocky River Reservation of the Cleveland Metroparks. It was so much fun! We found a trail through the woods to explore, we sprinted up a hill in the woods, and I sweat my butt off. Seriously still beaming because it was such a great day.
Later that night, I also did a 21 Day Fix workout – the Yoga Fix – which was a much-needed active recovery workout that really stretched me out! I also ended up doing 50 squats as part of the #FFSquat challenge!
After an amazing workout yesterday, I’m feeling really energized to get things going this week and start seeing results again! Some other exciting things happened recently as well:
- I started oil pulling! Not every day because sometimes I forget, and not for the full 15-20 minutes (I can usually only manage 10 right now), but I kinda like it! It’s weird and so far I don’t actually know if it works but I figure it’s not hard to do and doesn’t take THAT much time out of my day – what can it hurt! I think it looks like my teeth are getting whiter already. I plan to post a before and after shot once I see a more noticeable difference. Have any of you tried/currently do oil pulling? I’ve read so much about it lately!
- I got registered for the CHAARG Booty Camp this summer and I AM SO EXCITED!!! #CHAARGBOOTYCAMP (I’m seriously in love with CHAARG and all they stand for!!!)
Thanks for checking in – how has your week been in health/fitness/nutrition?