What can I say about Lorna Jane Clarkson? The woman is amazing, gorgeous, smart, and most of all – inspiring. She epitomizes healthy & active living and wants to share her tips & recipes with all of you!
Her new cookbook, NOURISH, is filled with incredible recipes, healthy living tips, beautiful photography, and inspirational quotes. I am absolutely obsessed with it!
I love that in addition to breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner, and dessert recipes, she talks about things like digestion, hydration, gardening, and of course active living. She encourages you to STOP DIETING.
She even includes meal plans – one to get you started on the road to healthy eating, one to give you lots of energy, and a meat-free plan designed for a short-term detox period.
It is so much more than just a cookbook.
When I found out I was getting the opportunity to review the cookbook and make 2 recipes (courtesy of Fit Approach/Sweat Pink), I couldn’t contain my excitement! I love the philosophy behind the Lorna Jane brand – “Move. Nourish. Believe.” – and couldn’t wait to see what the cookbook had inside. I love that all the recipes use fresh, whole ingredients and you (should) KNOW that I am all about the healthy desserts!
My blogging friend Lyndsay (www.thebalancedbrunette.com) and I decided to try out some of the recipes together, since she’s home in Cleveland for vacation. It was so much fun catching up and gushing about how much we adore Lorna Jane & this cookbook! I also took some awesome photos of our creations 🙂
(I made some adjustments based on what I had on hand – i.e. I used regular spinach instead of baby spinach & I also tripled the recipe to use up my whole can of chickpeas)
- ½ cup (100g) dried chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 80g (2½ ounces) baby spinach leaves
- 1 clove garlic, quartered
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Place chickpeas in a small bowl, cover with cold water; stand overnight. Drain.
- Cook chickpeas in a small saucepan of boiling water about 20 minutes or until tender. Add spinach to pan; stir until spinach is wilted. Drain.
- Blend or process chickpeas and spinach with remaining ingredients until smooth; season to taste. Serve with vegetable sticks or seed crackers.
Prep + cook time: 25 minutes (+ standing)
Makes: 1 ½ cups
So fresh & creamy, this hummus is a great way to sneak some extra greens in.
BLUEBERRY CHIA YOGHURT POPS
- 3/4 cup unsweetened Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries (we just had blueberries on hand)
- 1 tablespoon black chia seeds
- Process yogurt with half the berries until smooth. Transfer mixture to a medium jug; stir in chia seeds; fold in the remaining berries.
- Pour mixture evenly into 6 x 1/4 cup ice-block molds. Push in sticks.
- Freeze 3 hours or overnight until firm.
Prep time: 10 minutes (+ freezing)
I cannot wait to try even more of the recipes from NOURISH. If you’re interested in purchasing the cookbook, you can visit this link! Or you can try to win one for free…
KEEP READING TO FIND OUT HOW YOU COULD WIN A FREE COPY OF NOURISH:
Join the #LiveLoveNOURISH initiative where you have the opportunity to be 1 of 10 winners of the NOURISH cookbook (hard copy). The most active participant will receive the cookbook and a $200 gift card to Lorna Jane! Show us how the NOURISH cookbook works for your lifestyle – in between work, play, sweat sessions, etc!
Party it up with the #SweatPink Community and Lorna Jane on Twitter and get in on a chance to win your own NOURISH cookbook on July 9th at 6PM PST / 9PM EST. RSVP here.
Want more Nourish? I’m obsessing over these quotes right now:
What’s your favorite cookbook? Have you ever purchased Lorna Jane activewear?
Disclosure: I received the opportunity to review Lorna Jane’s NOURISH cookbook through FitApproach and the SweatPink ambassador program. I also received a $50 gift card to Lorna Jane. No other compensation was received. I only review and write about products that I would use personally and feel my readers would be interested in, so of course all opinions are 100% my own!