I’ve got something a little more serious to post today & to get off my chest.
I’ve been holding onto a lot of negative emotions lately, sometimes without even realizing it. It’s really been impacting me in every area of my life, so it’s time for me to finally let a lot of these things go. They’re not helping me make positive changes in my life, they are only holding me back and just frustrating me.
I will let go of:
- my past mistakes — Stop dwelling on the past, I can’t change it. I can only move on and learn from it to be better. I will forgive myself.
- my negative body image — Yes, I want to change my body to be healthier. But being this unhappy isn’t helping me make those changes. I need to love myself as I am right now, so that once I do make those changes, I will only love myself even more.
- feeling inadequate — I don’t know why I get so insecure, to be honest. I just need to have more confidence in myself and my abilities. A positive mindset and a positive life. I think positivity is becoming the theme here…
- my bad habits — I need to pay attention to these bad habits so I can identify them and eradicate the problem. Whether it’s snacking, procrastinating, or not thinking things through… these habits aren’t serving me.
- my impulsive spending — This goes with the previous bullet point. As much as I like having nice things, at this point in my life, they aren’t necessary. I need to save money, pay off my student loans, and stop buying unnecessary things.
- comparing myself to others — This ties in with feeling inadequate (and sometimes my negative body image). I read recently a blog post that said something about how we’re all on our own journeys and living our own lives. I have to appreciate the things I have in my life and know that I am exactly where I’m supposed to be. Also, even if someone’s life looks perfect on a blog or social media or whatever, I’m not seeing the full picture. Every person has their own struggles.
- my insecurities — This is more broad and also entails some of the bullets already mentioned, but basically I just need to have more confidence (another reiterated theme).
- my expectations — Life and society and my family and myself have all influenced my expectations of how things are “supposed to be” – in my personal life and professional life. I’ll just reiterate this: I am exactly where I’m supposed to be. (Also need to just focus on the present and be in the moment.) Read this great post by Katie from Call Me Trouble for more on this idea.
I’m sure there’s many more things that it would be good for me to let go of, but for now I think I’ll work on the above. Letting go isn’t easy, especially when you’ve unknowingly held onto these things for so long, it just became a habit really. But if I want a happier life, I need to stop letting these things bring me down. So, in true Anchored in CLE fashion… here’s a few images I found on Pinterest that I like 🙂
Okay, I think that’s enough for one post… haha. Thanks for listening to my ramblings & inner thoughts.