I’d like to wish all of you & my friends and family a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Here are a few of the many things I’m thankful for this year…
- I’m SO thankful for my new job, the company & all of my co-workers. I’ve never felt more welcomed & appreciated and I’m surrounded by people who want me to succeed and want to help me do just that. I’m also thankful for a steady paycheck and being able to live on my own. Having the whole week from Christmas to New Years off doesn’t hurt either 😉
- My mom – she’s my rock and even though we go through our ups and downs, I know she always has my back & will always be there for me. And I hope she knows that the same is true for me.
- Mike. Gosh, what can I even say… Mike is my best friend and greatest love. I’ve grown as a person being with him, and he’s someone I can talk to about anything. Our relationship is not perfect by any means, but that’s how I know we have a great connection. We’re committed to each other & to working through our struggles together. It’s not always easy, but we always come out the other side stronger as a couple. Also, he makes me laugh like no one else. He gets me. He knows me better than I know myself. He helps me be a better person. And I can’t wait to marry him one day.
- The rest of my family and friends & all of you – the people who support me and care about me. I’ve dealt with certain people who haven’t, so I feel blessed to have people in my life who are true and caring and genuinely want the best for me.
- My cats/fur babies. (Cliche?). Regardless… they may be hairy & smelly, but they’re lovable and they cheer me up. They look adorable when they sleep and they’re hilarious when they play fight.
- The basics/necessities – food to eat, a place to sleep, clothes to wear… it’s not something most of us think about on a daily basis, but for those who live without these things, it’s a daily struggle. I recently got to help out with a non-profit that touches on some of these issues and they are doing amazing work. I’m really excited for their upcoming campaign.
- This blog. I know that’s corny/cheesy, but it’s true. This blog has been my outlet and a place to creatively express my thoughts, feelings, and ideas. I’ve also been able to do some really cool things and meet amazing people because of it.
- Cleveland. And the rest of Northeast Ohio. There’s just something about this place, this resonating feeling of hope and prosperity. That we can make a change. That we can make a difference. That we can have an impact. And this is exactly the place to do it. It’s probably that underdog mentality, but we’re making so much progress and we have so much potential. And I do mean we – because we are a community. I love this city.
I could go on with many more things I’m grateful for – let’s face it, most of us are very lucky/blessed. But I think I’ve touched on the important things 🙂
Stay safe, enjoy spending time with the ones you love, and be grateful! Cheers!